Sunday, June 9, 2013

Have you ever heard the wolf cry to the blue corn moon Or asked the grinning bobcat why he grinned? Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? Can you paint with all the colors of the wind? Can you paint with all the colors of the wind?

What’s in a color? Are there foods that make you hungrier than others? Are there colors that encourage you to eat less? I wonder, I am sure there are several different conclusions and studies about this. Are there taboo colors you don’t use on the outside of your house? I mean can you paint a house red? Or purple for that matter? Would it hurt a man’s masculinity to live in a pink or purple house?

We started looking at paint colors almost right from the beginning. I thought it was a good way to get the kids to look for a positive side to the fire. As in why don’t you pick out some paint chips? Kody has been gung ho on this from the beginning. She has picked out so many purple chips we could do a wall in them alone. Plus she will have a chalk board section for doodling or whatever. I love the idea by the way. I am trying to figure an excuse to do it Scotty and my room, no real reasons have come to mind yet.

I immediately started looking towards outdoor paint. I originally wanted to go with a grayish blue with white trim. I wanted to go as far from our bland cream with brown exterior. Every house I have ever loved in has been cream with brown trim, only the shade of brown has changed. Blah, boring, p u, yuck, just plain NO! Well I was out voted by a wide margin. A light gray would work but not a dark one like I wanted. Fine I will give in when I have to, so it was time to pick another color so I gave up easily and went back to my corner to pick a new color scheme without a fight………right? If you think that you don’t know me.

I was set, even if nobody else was. I was going to do it. So there! Then we moved in next door to a tan house with a dark green trim. I would compromise, this was a color scheme I could live with. My only change would be the fact that my front door will be red. The whole feng shui and all of a red door really attracts me. Sounds a bit Christmasy doesn’t it? Kelly I know you love that color palate my Christmas loving friend. But I am more Ebenezer than that. So a decision had to be made. It wasn’t a hard one, the house is now to be tan with red trim, not a Santa red more of a deep red than that. More like a blood red maybe. Are you picturing it?


Then colors for other rooms. Kacy wanted to paint her room BLACK! For this I said no. It is impossible to cover black when it comes time to cover it. I did concede on her painting her closet black and that I can deal with it. Loren has not decided on a color. Scotty and I have bandied about colors no set colors in the wind. J

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this blog. Love that I am mentioned in it!!!

    Nice tan with red trim sounds great!! Will you still do the red door?

    Love picking pain colors...so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly! Of course you were mentioned, you are the biggest grown up fan of Christmas that I know. Oh yes, I am still going to have my red door!! Picking colors is very therapeutic!

      Delete