Monday, May 6, 2013

But there's one thing I know The blues they send to meet me won't defeat me It won't be long till happiness steps up to greet me Raindrops keep fallin' on my head.....Thank you BJ Thomas


If you ever wondered what one thing might make staying in a hotel room with two dogs even more fun….it’s pouring down rain. I am sitting here at my laptop typing and looking out the window at pouring down rain. And of course guess what? They both needed to go to the bathroom. Badly. Thankfully they are now taking a nap.

I never really thought much about it but dogs resemble both toddlers and teenagers. It all depends on the time of day and the mood they are in. Right now they are napping so it is toddler time, the nice part of toddler time. They both are quiet and just resting. This is the nice time of day. I look forward to it. It also hits for Annabel at bedtime. She will look at anyone still in the living room and just whine like a baby.

Rain also poses another problem for some of us. Loren only has shorts, while Kody, my mom and I have no closed in shoes. Kacy has closed in shoes but they are Chucks so they are canvas. And sadly my beloved Mickey Mouse poncho died a sad death. Sigh. So did my rain jacket. No we all go through life with hoodies that offer little or no resistance to the rain. Oh the fun, oh the thrills. We go from the 90’s last week to rain today. Then I read on twitter that we had a lightning strike here in town. :/

I remember back in the good old days all I needed was a box of different colors of Playdough, plastic rolling pins, plastic silverware, plastic scissors and cookie cutters to make hours of fun. Which reminds me we had a new box of 12 colors of Playdough at the house. Sigh. But, I can smile with memories of the laughing times that were had by all while the Playdough was out.

Another fun rainy day activity the kids would sit in the living room and watch every Christmas video or DVD that they could find. It didn’t matter what time of year it was it was a fun activity. I still know every word to Disneyland Sing Along Songs. They wore that tape out, I recently bought the DVD. “We’re walking right down the middle of Main Street USA…..” Yeah. No blues are going to defeat me, especially not with these memories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment